LA Photos Home
Welcome to our Brain Teaser Page!
Monday Brain Teaser:
You are camping and must cook a meal for exactly 90 minutes using a lighter and portable stove. You have no watches, clocks or timers. There are 2 ropes that take an hour each to burn but they are made differently and of inconsistent fibers. They do not burn at a constant speed. In other words a rope might take 45 minutes to burn the first 10% and then burn the other 90% in 15 minutes.
How can you tell when 90 minutes are up?
Tuesday Brain Teaser:
4 people need to cross a bridge but it can only hold 2 at a time. In addition, no one can go anywhere without a flashlight. The individual crossing speeds for the people are 8 min, 7 min, 4 min and 2 min. When 2 people cross the bridge together their combined time is that of the slower person. For example if the 4 min and 2 min people cross together then it takes 4 minutes. The way these people must all get across is as follows: 2 across then 1 back followed by 2 across then 1 back followed by 2 across. What is the fastest total time possible?(Hint the answer is not 23 minutes)
Wednesday Brain Teaser:
A penny is flipped twice. You are told that it landed on tails at least 1 of the 2 times.
What are the odds that the penny landed on tails both times?
Thursday Brain Teaser:
Consider the following Scenarios:
Scenario I - Some of the gold fish in the pet store are moved to the big fish tank and all of the fish in the big fish tank get sick.
Scenario II - All the guppies in the pet store are moved to the big fish tank and some of the fish in the big fish tank get sick.
What can we conclude from the two scenarios?
A. Some guppies and gold fish get sick.
B. Some guppies get sick but we are not sure about the gold fish.
C. Some gold fish get sick but we are not sure about the guppies.
Friday Brain Teaser:
How do you divide a cake into 8 equal size pieces using 3 straight slices?
Weekend Brain Teaser:
What is significant about the following choice of letters: AEFHIKLMNTVWXYZ
The brain teaser appearing on the main page today is as follows:
The GRY Riddle
Riddle Me This!
Riddles and More!
Missing Dollar Riddle
LA Photos Home